Do you owe back taxes? Maybe you should be looking for a tax lawyer IRS? But then, what does a tax lawyer do, and can it really help you that much? Well, if you owe the RIS back taxes, you are definitely looking for an Irs lawyer. Back taxes are money owed for not paying on your taxes when they were due. Taxes can be very confusing, and with the ability to file them yourself electronically from home, it is also very easy to file incorrectly. Here are some interesting facts about taxes that you might not have known.
1. According to the United States Supreme Court, 1791 is where the federal tax levies date back to.
2. The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form to fill out, and it even has 33 pages of instructions.
3. There is a 10 cent tax in Alabama on a regular deck of cards.
4. If an employee is fired in order to avoid dealing with an imposed tax levy, the federal government allows a fine up to 1,000 dollars as well as possible imprisonment up to a year for an employer caught willfully terminating an employee.
5. The Internal Revenue Code grants the IRS the power to levy upon bank accounts, awages, social securty payments, insurance proceeds, accounts receivables, real property, and even in some cases your personal residence.
As you can see, owing back taxes to the IRS isn’t something that you should ignore, as it can have dire consequences. You should find tax lawyer that suits you as quickly as possible to help with negotiating with the IRS on back taxes on your behalf, because a tax lawyer irs is the only way to help your chances against the IRS. For more information, read this website.