Whether you are one of the millions of underinsured, you have a minor emergency, or the office of your general practitioner does not have the most convenient hours, here are few few reasons that you should visit an urgent care center next time you need medical assistance.
1. Urgent care 24 hours centers are generally faster and cheaper then making a visit to an emergency room. Some of the most frequent reasons for a visit to a urgent medical care center are for sinus infection treatment, ear infection treatment, and strep throat testing.
2. An estimated three million patients visit a urgent care center each week in the United States largely as a result of the fact that they are far cheaper than an emergency room. Your average 24 hr urgent care center also offers an alternative for those who do not have any medical insurance and can not afford to visit a general practitioner.
3. Almost two thirds of local urgent care centers employ a mix of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants. As many as 65 percent of urgent care 24 hours centers have at least one physician that is available on site at all times.
4. One of the drivers for the growth of the urgent-care industry is the increasing caseload of primary care physicians, which leads to difficulty scheduling appointments, longer wait times and decreased time spent with each patient.
5. The typical emergency department visit will generally cost you an average of 1,500 dollars for even the least serious visit. On the other hand, treatment at an urgent care center costs are generally under 150 dollars. Urgent care hours and wait time are also generally more convenient.