Small business health insurance benefits are typically handled a bit differently than those at large companies and corporations. Health insurance companies in Canada and the United States have begun to embrace health savings accounts as a way to benefit small businesses. Here are four facts about health care coverage and insurance to take into account when considering any group benefits for small business operations.
1. Employees under traditional health insurance coverage must pay for services not eligible under traditional employee benefit plans. These include deductibles and co-pays, which can severely increase the cost of these insurance plans. A better options group benefits for small business operations can be a health savings account.
2. The concept of a health savings account was designed with small businesses in mind. In addition to providing better premiums for a business, the purpose of an HSA is to provide substantially better benefits for employees. These HSA strategies have been implemented in both Canada and the U.S. when dealing with group benefits for small business employers.
3. Under Hsa health plans, members covered have access to a wider range of health care services than what they would possibly get under standard-issued plans. In facts, these standard plans often exclude or limit certain services that would be available under an HSA. This can provide much better group benefits for small business employers than standard plans.
4. In 1984, the Canadian government adopted a piece of legislature called the Canada Health Act, or CHA for short. The CHA specifically lays out the terms and conditions that health insurance programs must follow in order to be granted federal transfer payments. These transfer payments are issued under the Canada Health Transfer.
5. Canadian small businesses benefit from the publicly funded medicare system of the country. In this system, most services are actually provided by the private sector. This can allow the best group benefits for small business employers when it comes to health insurance. Ger more information on this topic here: www.myrhsa.com